Amorim launches WISE
Amorim launches WISE, a new generation of flooring with carbon negative footprint.
WISE by Amorim marks the premiere of the first generation of flooring with Amorim identity. The new and innovative flooring solution was presented at Domotex in Hannover, Germany, this month - the sector’s marquee fair.
It’s a product made of cork and recycled materials, completely non PVC, that results in a carbon negative footprint. For António Rios de Amorim, CEO of Corticeira Amorim, “We believe we are offering a unique product to the market. WISE is an unprecedented bet for Amorim Revestimentos, Wicanders' parent company. We wanted to launch an innovative product with modern visuals, with the comfort provided by cork in terms of acoustics and impact resistance. A non PVC product with a carbon negative footprint that positively contributes to the environment.”
WISE presentation at Domotex marked the worldwide launch, supported by a strong marketing campaign, with special focus in points of sale and communication for specialized media.
“Smart choice. Amazing sensations” is the motto for this new product, which stands out as a sustainable flooring without compromising the technical characteristics, like being waterproof and the possibility to install it in large areas, up to 300m², without transition strips.
Amongst Wise added values, it’s also a flooring solution with reinforced dimensional stability that requires minimum subfloor preparation, benefits sustained by the innovative cork core.
Wise can be installed in all areas, from residential to commercial spaces, since it’s a low maintenance and waterproof product. The product is launched in a collection of 62 Cork and Wood visuals, with three technical solutions that can be used in high traffic commercial areas (class 33) with a dimension of 1225x190x7mm.
Learn more about WISE .
Benefits of Cork Flooring
As part of Amorim Revestimentos portfolio solutions, WISE incorporates cork, which provides several benefits:
- Silence: cork is an extremely efficient natural sound absorber, reducing the sound up to 53%.
- Natural Thermal Insulation: energy efficient, providing a pleasant touch, even when walking barefoot and an optimal temperature all year round.
- Walking Comfort: cork flooring are the perfect mix to reduce heel strike impacts and related body tensions. They provide the needed stability to help the foot impulse and reduce effort on walking and decrease body fatigue.
- Impact Resistance: cork flooring have a high shock absorbing performance while maintaining its resistance. This results in a very robust flooring with a long life span.
- Indoor Air Quality: All of Amorim Revestimento’s products have several certificates for the Indoor Air Quality, after being tested on over 2000 potential chemicals.